alas, how sad...
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 12:20:34 -0400
> From: Rax <email@example.com>
"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no
distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."
Based on records prior to the summer break,
* 29 members of Congress have been accused of spousal abuse,
* 7 have been arrested for fraud,
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks,
* 117 have bankrupted at least two businesses,
* 3 have been arrested for assault,
* 71 have credit reports so bad they can't qualify for a credit card,
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges,
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting,
* 21 are current defendants in lawsuits,
and in 1998 alone, 84 were stopped for drunk driving, but released
they claimed Congressional immunity.
(from Capitol Hill Blue)