coupling heat to a metal case

Terry Fox wb4jfi at
Tue Jul 3 17:34:58 CDT 2007

Radio shack sells the heat sink compound.  It comes in a tube, part #

It's not as good as true silicone compund, but much easier to get.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "hal feinstein" <hfeinstein at>
To: <tacos at>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:30 PM
Subject: coupling heat to a metal case

> Here's another elusive construction question:
> I have a 500mw  amplifier module for 2.5Ghz that can get a bit hot.
> I'd like
> to couple the heat to the case that houses it which is a metal ammo box.
> I plan to strap the module tight against the case but I remember the
> "pros"
> often put some kind of  gump that facilitates heat transfer in
> situations like this.
> Any idea what the gump is or better yet, can you recommend a cleaner
> coupling method?
> --hal f.
> _______________________________________________
> Tacos mailing list
> Tacos at

More information about the Tacos mailing list